$20 tickets include gourmet hors d’oeuvres and sommelier-selected wines. Panorama Wine Bar recently received a glowing review from The Philadelphia Inquirer’s food critic, Craig LaBan.
The mission of Women Against Abuse is to provide quality, compassionate, and nonjudgmental services in a manner that fosters self-respect and independence in persons experiencing intimate partner violence and to lead the struggle to end domestic violence through advocacy and community education.
Women Against Abuse strives to provide a continuum of care—from telephone crisis counseling to long-term supportive housing—in a manner that promotes victim safety, autonomy and dignity.
- Safe Havens: Since 1977, Women Against Abuse has operated Philadelphia’s only safe havens for victims of domestic violence.
- Legal Center: The Women Against Abuse Legal Center is among the first in the nation dedicated to victims of domestic violence.
- Sojourner House: Women Against Abuse operates the region’s first transitional housing program for abused women and children.
- Safe at Home Program: The Safe at Home Program provides survivors with community-based case management services and financial assistance to safely transition to homes in the community.
- Philadelphia Domestic Violence Hotline: Women Against Abuse leads the 24-hour, citywide hotline, a central point of access for crisis counseling, safety planning and referrals.
- Community Education and Training: Women Against Abuse educators train professionals, students, survivors and community members to effectively intervene in the cycle of abuse and avoid unhealthy relationships.
WEDNESDAY: GALLERY TALK
Please join us at The Bazemore Gallery on Wednesday, April 12 from 6:30 – 8:00 pm for a gallery talk about my solo exhibit, Theoretical and Concrete. I will talk about my inspirations, the evolution of the work in the show, and the techniques and processes involved in making paintings from brick dust. Light refreshments will be served.
The Bazemore Gallery is located at 4339 Main Street, Philadelphia, PA 19127. Regular gallery hours are 12-7, Wednesday through Sunday. Theoretical and Concrete ends Saturday, April 15th.
Thanks for everyone who came to the opening of “Try to Understand” at Brooke Lanier Fine Art. The show continues through April 28th. Gallery hours are Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 12-5 and by appointment. To view more photos of the opening, visit the Facebook page of Brooke Lanier Fine Art.